Thursday 12 September 2019

Sambal prawns and sotong with petai

Most people cook either sambal prawn or sambal sotong. I decided to combine the prawns and sotong since it uses the same sambal paste and to give it that extra oomph, I threw in some petai. The chilli paste that I used turned out quite tasty so I will use it again.
Ingredients
10 large prawns (peeled and cleaned)
1 pre-soaked sotong cut into bite size pieces
1 big onion (sliced)
Petai beans (amount depends on how much each person likes to eat)



Today I am trying out the Prima Taste sambal chilli sauce which I got from Singapore



Boil the sotong until soft.
Drain and put aside.



Heat up some oil and pour the chilli paste into it





Fry the chilli paste until fragrant then add the onions




Stir until onions are slightly soft
Add the petai and some water and salt to taste




Add the prawns and sotong
Mix thoroughly and stir until prawns are cooked



Dish out and serve with white rice or nasi lemak

No comments:

Post a Comment