Wednesday 14 February 2018

Barley with fuchuk


Here in Malaysia, today is the last day in the year of the cockerel so I want to end it with something sweet. This is for all that I have been given and I hope the sweetness will carry on into the year of the dog. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you my readers for your support and hope that you all receive the same blessings for the new year. Kong Hei Fatt Choy!!! I chose to cook barley because it is cooling which help prepare the body for all the heaty food served during the holidays.

Ingredients



1 packet barley
2 sheets of thin fuchuk





Wash and drain the barley







Put the barley, 1 litre water and 2 pandan leaves into a pot







Bring to a boil and then simmer on low fire until the barley is cooked






Lightly soak the fuchuk to soften it
Cut it into small pieces






Add the fuchuk to the barley and simmer until the fuchuk is cooked







Add rock sugar according to your taste

No comments:

Post a Comment