Tuesday 15 May 2018

Tom yam soup (2)

The previous time I cooked tom yam soup I used seafood. Today I am replacing the fish with chicken breast and my favourite brand of packet tom yam paste. It is not easy trying to get all the herbs when you live overseas so I learnt to freeze them whenever I can. All the herbs that I use today are frozen.

Ingredients
150 gm chicken breast
2 medium sized white sotong
20 medium sized prawns  
1 large tomato
2 stalks serai (lemon grass)
1 pack of white crab mushrooms






200 ml fish sauce





Boil sufficient water for the soup
Add the following fresh or frozen herbs:
4 slices lengkuas
2 tbsp bunga kantan
5 limau purut leaves
2 stalks serai




Slice the chicken and marinate with:
½ tsp light soy sauce
Dash of pepper
1 tbsp corn flour
This is to make the texture smoother and tender


I have tried many brands and this is my favourite so far.








Put the tom yam paste into the wok and stir until fragrant
Add the prepared fragrant soup and mix thoroughly





Put in all the ingredients and cook on medium until everything is cooked
Add the fish sauce to enhance the taste
Add a little lime juice to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment