Wednesday 15 November 2017

Stir fried kai lan stem with bacon

Most of the small children that I looked after in my child care centre love eating vegetables which are crunchy. As I grow older I find that I love eating crunchy vegetables. This makes me wonder if I am now in my second childhood. Hope that I don’t have to start wearing diapers like the children. Today I am pairing the kai lan stems with smoked bacon chips to get that smoky flavour.


Another variety of kai lan is the fairly large stems which do not have many leaves. They are grown mainly for the stems which are very crunchy and tastes delicious just fried with sliced garlic or other ingredients like carrots and wan yee.


Ingredients 


2 kai lan stems
Some smoked bacon chips




Remove the tough fibrous skin and slice the stem thinly and diagonally.




Fry some chopped garlic until slightly brown
Add the bacon chips and fry until fragrant




Add the kai lan stems and mix thoroughly
Season with salt and pepper




Cover and cook until the stems are translucent
Remember to stir occasionally and add a bit more water if needed




Dish out to a serving platter and serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment