Tuesday 28 November 2017

Char siew chicken drumsticks

Char siew is actually barbecued pork which is sweet, sticky and fragrant. When I was at the market today I found another brand of char siew sauce which I want to try. Since I don’t have any pork belly in the freezer I am using chicken drumsticks instead. What’s the verdict? It is very good and much better than other brands that I have used before. I like to use prepacked sauces because when I live overseas I can still cook these dishes when it may be difficult to get the right ingredients to make the sauces.
 Ingredients 


6 chicken drumsticks




This is the brand that I just found in the market. It is manufactured in Klang (my home town) which is why I am excited to try it out. The cooking instruction says to cook in the wok but I am cooking it in the air fryer instead.




Pull the skin back and make a slit on both sides of the flesh
This is so that the marinate can coat the meat under the skin
It also helps the chicken to cook faster and evenly



Pour the char siew sauce onto the chicken and mix thoroughly
Leave to marinate for 3 hours or overnight



Heat up the air fryer for 1 minute
Put the chicken into the fryer (remember to pull the skin to cover the meat)
Set the timer for 20 minutes



Turn the chicken over after 10 minutes
Brush more marinate on the chicken


Check if the chicken is completely cooked by pushing a chopstick into the thickest part of the drumstick
Cook a little longer if necessary
Dish up and serve as a side dish or with salad as a main meal

No comments:

Post a Comment