Monday 30 October 2017

Stir fried baby cucumber with fried fish and black beans

I first had baby cucumber in Beijing and it was really delicious. When I saw it in one of the super markets in KL I was shocked to see the cost. It was RM 10.00 for a pack of about 12 cucumbers!!! Talk about extortion. A couple weeks ago I went to Cameron Highlands and lo and behold they were selling these cucumbers at RM 4.00 for 2 medium sized packs. You can guess what I did. Yes I bought 2 packs and this is the dish here. Actually it would be even better if you add some red chillies.

A seedless baby cucumber is rich in minerals and vitamins. According to TCM, cucumber cleanses and detoxifies and it helps reduce high blood pressure. It has a cooling element therefore helps reduce internal heat of the body. 



Ingredients 


2 packs baby cucumbers
1 can of fried fish with black beans




Pour the fish onto a plate
Remove the bones from the fish




Heat up 1 tbsp oil and fry some chopped garlic until fragrant
Put in the cucumber and stir until well mixed with the oil
Add a little water to prevent it burning



When the cucumbers are almost soft add the fish and mix well
I did not add seasoning as the fish is already well seasoned
Dish up and serve with steamed rice or plain congee

No comments:

Post a Comment