Tuesday 31 October 2017

Beef rendang

As I said I am a lazy cook so I use ready-made sauces especially when I am not too familiar with the ingredients for the sauce. Also it is difficult to buy the exact amount needed so there is a lot of wastage if the ingredient cannot be used quickly or frozen. The brand that I used is really good but not spicy enough for me so I added my homemade chilli boh.

Ingredients

1 kg tenderloin beef
1 packet instant rendang sauce
1 packet chilli boh (homemade and frozen)
1-2 red chillies
1 sprig chinese parsley 



1 packet coconut powder
4 tbsp pre-fried coconut shaving




Cut the beef into fairly thick slices





Take the chili paste out of the bag whilst it is still frozen otherwise the paste will stick to the bag




Put the chili boh paste and instant rendang sauce into the wok
Stir until it is fragrant




Put in the beef





Mix thoroughly with the chili paste





Add the coconut powder and a little water





Mix thoroughly





Cover and simmer on low heat until the beef is tender





Add the coconut shaving and a little water
Mix thoroughly




Simmer for another 30 minutes until the gravy is thicker
Dish out and serve when it is ready

No comments:

Post a Comment