Sunday 26 November 2017

Ikan asam pedas or sour and spicy fish (阿叁鱼)

If you are like me with family members who have different tastes then you need to cater for their different likes and dislikes. In this dish I use 2 different types of fish because some prefer fish with bones and some prefer without bones. Spicy and sourish food tends to increase the appetite so it is best to serve this dish with other non-fattening dishes.

Ingredients


2 ikan selar (Bigeye scad)
1 block ikan tenggiri (Spanish mackerel)




10 ladies fingers (okra)
2 tomatoes




Nowadays I am too lazy to make my own chilli paste (too many things to wash up)
This is my favourite brand that I use for certain spicy dishes



Remove the top and bottom of the ladies fingers
Cut the tomatoes into wedges



I am adding my home made chilli boh to make it a bit spicier
Heat up 1 tbsp oil and fry the chilli boh for 1 minute




Add the asam pedas paste and 200 ml water
Mix thoroughly



I am adding laksa leaves (daun kesum) and bunga kantan (torch ginger flower) which I have in the freezer
Fresh herbs like laksa leaves and torch ginger flower heightens the flavour



Put in 1 tsp sugar and salt to taste
Put in the fish and cook for 5 minutes




Turn the fish over to cook the other side
Add the ladies fingers, cover and cook for 5 minutes




Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes




Dish up and serve with steamed rice or quinoa if on carb free diet  

No comments:

Post a Comment